Elementary Special Education
- The Special Education Teacher shall be responsible to provide each special education student with a program that will enable him to reach his fullest educational, physical, emotional, psychological, and social and behavioral potential.
- The Special Education Teacher shall be directly responsible to the assigned building principal.
- The Special Education Teacher shall work with the various coordinators and service personnel in furnishing programs and service to each student.
- Provide a basic core program for special education students consistent with district and state expectations.
- Work cooperatively with classroom teachers who have special education students in regular classes, interpreting the abilities and disabilities of these students to the entire staff, and assisting the student with regular class assignments.
- Confer frequently with parents and professional staff members regarding the educational, social, and personal problems of such students.
- Assist other professional staff members in resolving the unique psychological or disciplinary problems of each student.
- Assist in screening, evaluating, and recommending placement of applicants in the school’s special education program.
- Assist in interpreting the special education program to school personnel and the community at large.
- Evaluate student progress.
- Work with parents and community in enhancing each child’s best potential.
- Prepares report cards, educational records, IEP forms, classroom observation records, and other forms.
- Supervise students, classroom aides, and volunteers
- Perform any other duties and related activities as may be assigned.
How To Apply:
- District Application
- Three to Five Current Letters of Reference or College Placement File
- Copy of Montana Educator License with Proper Endorsement for Position
Copy of College Transcripts (certified transcripts needed upon hire)
For more information please contact district superintendent, Erik Wilkerson, at 406-441-3454.