Below you can find some information for the upcoming 2017 trip.
WHO CAN GO?
For the 2017 trip, they must be a Junior or Senior in March of 2017
WHEN WILL WE GO?
Our trip is set for March 26-April 2, 2017 (Sunday-Sunday)
WHAT DOES IT COST?
The 2017 trip price is currently $2,791.00
There may be some additional savings by getting in on the Early Bird pricing by submitting a $200.00 non-refundable deposit by June 1, 2016
In 2014 and 2015 when we went, the total cost was $2,741 each year.
|ITEM ||COST |
|Program Tuition |
|Room, Board & In-town Transportation |
|Safety & Security |
|SUBTOTAL ||$2,158 |
|Transportation to/from Bozeman |
|STUDENT TOTAL |
WHAT DOES IT PAY FOR?
• Three meals per day
• All program logistics and planning
• Coach bus transportation around the city
• Top-notch instruction from trained educators
• Exciting speakers and seminars
• Round-trip transportation, travel support, and airport transfers in DC
• Specialized access to Georgetown University Children’s Medical Center
• Quality hotel accommodations that keep you in the center of the action
• 24-hour supervision, including night monitors at each hotel
• A dedicated Close Up Representative for your school
• Group photo, certificate, and Close Up souvenir
• All entrances fees and gratuities
• Educational materials
. . . and so much more!
ARE THERE ANY OTHER EXPENSES?
We are responsible for our own meals while traveling to and from the program.
Any souvenir/gift shopping or extra snacking supplies are on your dime.
Parents and students always ask “How much money should a student take with them?” Depending on how many souvenirs or gifts they want to buy, usually $100-$200 is sufficient for the trip.
HOW DO YOU ARRANGE TRANSPORTATION TO THE PROGRAM?
We use Close Up Transportation for several reasons:
1. They have contracts with the major airlines which reserves large blocks of seats at a good fare.
2. They make all of the arrangements for flights
3. If there is a problem during the trip, I can call a 1-800 number and they will find a solution
4. When we use their transportation service, they have representative at the airports to help us with our arrival and departure
5. They provide a shuttle from the airport to the hotel and vice versa, otherwise we pay separately which could add an additional $50-$100 depending which airport we have to use
Over the years, you may find a cheaper fare, but they are limited to a few seats that are not enough for our groups. For this trip we are looking at 18-20 people having to fly on the same flights which is almost impossible to get discounted fares for all participants.